Consultation Services are available in the following formats:
- Prior to evaluation to determine the course of the testing plan
- After evaluation to discuss test results and implications
Records (including school reports, past testing results, medical information, or other educationally relevant documentation) are reviewed in conjunction with an evaluation but can be analyzed as a stand-alone service to help parents determine a course of action.
Observation of a student in the classroom setting can provide valuable insight into a child’s school functioning in the areas of social skills, behavioral characteristics, academic abilities, receptive and expressive use of language, and motor skills. Observation can be part of a full evaluation or as a stand-alone service.
Instructional Design and Interventions
A full evaluation (cognitive and achievement testing) will contain recommendations based on any pattern of strengths and weaknesses found during the assessment process. As appropriate, these can include:
- accommodations to the classroom
- modifications to the curriculum
A separate service is available to those parents who wish an impartial review of their child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP). Analysis will include:
- thorough review of the ARD document
- present levels of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAFP)
- goals and objectives that include appropriate behavior, condition, degree, and timeframe
- behavior intervention plan