Educational Evaluations provides services to meet the unique needs of each client.
♦ Assessments encompass a wide range from informal screenings to full batteries of cognitive and achievement evaluations.
- Informal screenings provide a “quick look” that will help guide parents and the evaluator in determining the course of any evaluation. Interviews and checklists are common screening tools.
- Cognitive batteries look at how efficiently the brain processes information as it relates to learning.
- Achievement batteries examine how much knowledge a person has gained in such areas as reading, written communication, and math.
- All assessments are accompanied by a thoroughly analyzed report that is individualized and not computer generated.
♦ Age ranges include elementary children, teens, and adults.
♦ The purpose of evaluation is multi-faceted and includes:
- Identify areas for potential learning disabilities
- Identify potential for giftedness
- Provide parents and schools with information on a client’s strengths and weaknesses
- Supply potential accommodations and/or modifications for the student
- Guide parents if indicators point to other disorders requiring further assessment, such as a language disorder that would require the services of a speech-language pathologist